Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy Submissive!

Often suffering from an excess of boredom I have this habit of checking (and rechecking and re-rechecking) any site that might offer me some sort of amusement. Facebook. Craigslist. Fetlife's K&P. So today while maniacally hitting the refresh button on my browser I stumbled upon a picture on Fet.

It wasn't "sexy" and it wasn't even titillating (well, to me anyways. There was a stray weenie in the picture but stray weenies don't do much to get my libido going), but there was just something about this picture that spoke to me... Though I admit, that could have just been the voices. Again.

Anyways. The girl in this picture just looked so happy. Like she'd just had the best time of her life. It's entirely possible that in that moment, she was glowing. Her enjoyment was just that apparent. It was awesome.

And as I sat there (or here) basking in the happy-glow of this chick I wondered why this one image of a happy girl was affecting me so much. I mean, I'm not lacking happiness in my own life- Cookie is just about the most happy-inspiring person ever, my dogs make me laugh all the time (because they're idiots), my small folk are funny, and when I'm not exuding snark from my pores because of some stupid shit I saw on the interwebs I'm generally a pretty happy person.

Eventually it dawned on me: The image was so great because it was such a rare thing to see in the Kinkyverse- A happy submissive.

Really. If you turn off safe search on Google and type in "submissive" you'll get a screen full of women who are crying, mid-scream, or look like they're having the worst possible time ever. Honestly. An office full of Dental patients mid root canal look like they're having more fun than the average submissive in a picture.

And the stories? Geez Louise... Every submissive is a miserable martyr. All basking in just how put-upon they are, how much everything they do sucks balls (and not nice, clean, manscaped balls either), and how one must suffer at every turn to be a submissive. Gah. It's depressing. Really. I feel like I need some Prozac or Abilify or something just to wade through the Kinkyverse on most days.

So this one happy chick, beaming her happiness and enjoyment at me from my computer screen... It was lovely. It was this beacon of joy in a quagmire of runny mascara tears and red-eyed facial victims and bad erotica full of unhappy, miserable muffins.

Here's to you, happy submissives, the people who make kink look like fun. You guys are pretty damn great and I really wish that more of you would poke your happy little selves out of your happy bolt holes and grace the Kinkyverse with your presence. It would be a happier place with more of you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment