Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A is for Alpha... Or Asshole?

Random guy via PM:

"Blah, blah, blah, I'm an alpha male, blah blah, get un ur nees an suc my cok. I am the awsum!!!eleven!!"

And ok, I'm paraphrasing here a bit. There was some blather about how awesome he was, and why he was The Bestest Dominate Ever, and how I should pretty much drop trou because of his awesomeness. As far as annoyingly inept missives go it was pretty standard, but one thing just jumped out at me... His usage of the over-abused, often inaccurate, and painfully trite word "Alpha."

I, being a world class stalkery... Erm, I mean curious... sort of person I decided to try to glean what he meant by its usage...

His Fet profile? Par for the course- About 30 fawning baby seals, no other Dom friends, and a lack-luster "about me" section that basically just repeated his silly message to me... Though it did reference his weenie a few more times and included some even more painfully stereotypical views on a woman's worth (expressed via sentiments which included the usage of "slut", "whore", and a few other descriptors which are not my cuppa).

So, if he meant "I'm a stereotypical dipshit who has no clue and thinks that being a total asshat towards submissive people is awesome" when he said that part about being an alpha... He was spot on.

But I'm a fair sort of person. Maybe when he used alpha he wasn't talking about his woefully lacking inter personal skills, he was referencing his life... So I did some Google-Fu with his email address and found his FB page.

He lives with his mom.

 He's 19 (Fet profile said he was in his mid 20's).

 He doesn't have a job and from his posts I think he spends most of his day playing video games, posting cat memes, and trashing the bitch who dumped him (gee, I wonder why).

 Also: Not in school, was whining about mom not letting him use the car, and bitching about how she wouldn't upgrade his shitty phone to an iPhone...

From deep inside my mind came the famous quote, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

And I got to thinking that a lot of folks, this poor deluded fool included, think that being an alpha means that they know how to treat other people poorly and then pass it off as "dominance." Personally, I think they've confused "Alpha" with another "A" word, which would make for a far more accurate descriptor: Asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment