Monday, March 3, 2014

How very enlightened of you (a small rant).

There's a group of kinksters that I like to call "The Enlightened Ones."

This might sound like a flattering thing of me to say, but taking into account that I tend to be a snarky bitch and I rarely flatter anybody but Cookie... It's not. Though I guess it might be a reasonable thing to assume seeing as most folks think of being enlightened equaling a higher state of being. You know, the sort of people who are so granola-crunchy, and lovey, and forgiving, and see the good in everything, and blah blah blah... Like the Dali Lama, but better.

These people are not him.

The Enlightened Ones are the kinksters who annoyingly have claimed to have moved beyond the petty feelings of jealousy, fear, insecurity, and other human failings to have reached a nearly transcendent version of Pure Kink (tm). They're the ones who like to get up on their high horses and ride roughshod over us less evolved kinksters- The monogamous ones, the not TPE M/s ones, anybody they consider inferior because we puny mortals cannot throw aside our social trappings, or limits, or what-have-have you to reach their glorified state of being.

And you know, if they kept their enlightened drivel to themselves, I wouldn't care. But they seem to take their views as an opportunity to make themselves feel better about themselves at the expense of everybody who isn't as enlightened as they are...

You're monogamous? How sad for you that you are not able to let your loved one share themselves and their love (and naughty bits) with other people. How selfish of you for limiting their experience in the Kinkyverse! If you were as enlightened as an Elightened One you wouldn't have such immature feelings as jealousy or insecurity and you wouldn't care if your partner went out and banged every woman (or man) in a 50 mile radius... And you'd definitely realize that monogamy is just a societal norm and that nobody is really monogamous or can be truly fulfilled in a monogamous relationship. You loser.

Oh, You're not in a 24/7, TPE, M/s (+M, +s, +s) relationship? How sad for you. It must suck being so incredibly fearful that you cannot trust your partner to make every single solitary decision for you. And how pathetic you are to not be willing to hand over all authority to them, and selfish! Don't forget how selfish you're being to limit their Domly experience... We, The Enlightened Ones, are so glad to have risen above such piddling needs for autonomy, because it makes us so much more superior to you... You faker.

Yeah. The Enlightened Ones just make me want to punch a puppy in the face. Which is so very not enlightened of me, but there it is. There's just something about their smug, condescending, my-shit-reeks-of roses-and-fresh-baked-bread-and-pie BS that makes me want to do violence to small, not-fully-formed, canines (not that I ever would, I love puppies, but still). And I realize how rotten that is of me, but I can't help it (what with not being enlightened and all)... I just try to avoid baby dogs whenever I'm visiting the forums in the Kinkyverse.

So to you Enlightened Ones out there- Please think of the puppies when you feel the urge to spew your condescending drivel all over our computer screens and just don't. We're all very happy that you've reached a place of trancendant kink but if you could just keep it to yourself from now on that would be great.

The puppies and I thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment