Friday, September 6, 2013

Keep Your Clothes On

Trolling fet I found the following:

[name redacted] has given me the following task:
No bras or panties for 1 week. I can wear a sports bra to the gym, but no top over it.
Each day while in public I have to flash my pussy/tits to a man, making sure to make eye contact.
Bonus points for masturbation.
Document each day on Fetlife.

The writer followed that with descriptions of her in-public antics (and photographic proof). And me? I just sat there after reading it wondering, "Why am I so disturbed by this?"

I'm a big fan of YKINMYATOK (an insanely long abbreviation for You Kink Is Not My Kink And That's OK). I totally get that folks are going to be into shit I don't like, or I find distasteful, or that just doesn't float my boat. It's not a big deal, I just generally avoid looking at the stuff I don't like. I'm also a rather vocal supporter of not needing the public's consent to partake in harmless kink- Things like using a title for your significant other, or wearing a collar, or a number of other things that might not exactly be in good taste but are not illegal.

But I had a rather violent and visceral negative reaction to this girl's stunt. Her kink isn't my kink and you know what? It's NOT ok. I couldn't help but imagine how I'd feel if some random twit flashed her junk at me in a park or the grocery store... Embarrassed? Probably. A bit squicked? Yeah, definitely that. Pissed? You bet. But mostly, being a kinkster and a HUGE fan of SSC and RACK, I'd be livid that she would blithely remove my ability to consent or not consent before subjecting me to her kinky games. And that is where the visceral reaction came from, I think.

If she meandered up to me and said, "Hey, I've got this task... Can I flash you?" I'd be cool with it. I wouldn't enjoy it (chicks just don't do anything for me), but I'd play along. I mean, why not? It's just junk- I've got the same stuff in my bra and skivvies. I might even get a laugh out of it... But to do that without my consent? Not cool.

Now, supposedly where this chick is public nudity is OK- So long as it's not sexual in nature. I'm cool with that, skinny-dipping is something I've participated in (with a lot of other naked people too- Anybody ever been to The Classic at Pennsic?). I tend to think that the whole "Guys can go shirtless but girls can't" thing is silly beyond words. I have no problem with nudity, so again it's got to be that consent issue rearing it's head at me again. I consent to see naked people at The Classic, I consent to see their junk blowing in the breeze, I do not consent to see your bits at the grocery store or the park or any other place where I'm not expecting to see a naked person or someone's genitalia.

And I suspect that the "not cool"ness feeling I have extends to other folks who are out minding their own damn business and who do not or have not consented to see her junk. Sure, some folks might like it (some folks might really, really like it), but from this chick's writing it sounded like a few of her targets (for lack of a better word) were not pleasantly surprised with her free peep-show:

"As he walked past me, I lifted my shirt and flashed him my breasts. He said "oh goodness" and continued walking. I'm not sure if he said anything else but it might have been "don't do that again" LOL I guess all the people hating on this task are right, I probably shouldn't flash my sexual organs to people."

Meh. It bothers me. Consent is one of the best weapons we have in our arsenal to battle the negative perceptions of BDSM, and here's this chick who's basically saying "Fuck your consent" and laughing about it.

And that, to me, is about as not cool as it can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment