Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Submissive DOES NOT Equal YOUR Submissive

Sadly, there seems to be a segment of the population (I like to call them DimDoms) who have the mistaken idea that just because a girl identifies as a submissive she's got some duty to fall all over herself if they so much as glance her way (or send her epically STUPID messages like, "HAy bish! Yer azz bel0ngs me NAO!!! Neel 2 yer Lrd and Masar!!1!!eleven!!!") And, you know, not only should the submissive who has caught the DimDom's coveted attention feel this call of duty, but she should consider it a privilege that a complete stranger is calling her dirty names and demanding that she suck his (undoubtedly disease ridden and miniscule) cock or complete whatever other DimDomly tasks he can think up from his hidey-hole in his parent's basement.

And it's bad enough on the internet (because goodness knows it's got its' quota of morons and then some) but when this free-range submissive idea leaks out into the real world? It's even worse. I heard enough stories about DimDoms in real life to avoid joining my local community for a good long while. Not because they scare me, but because their assumption that submissive = female who has some duty to grovel to some twatwaffle with a self-appointed title pisses me off and I get this urge to punch them in their megalomaniacal head. Now, plenty of folks assured me that this sort of thing was discouraged, that it didn't happen often, that munches and the like were low-key no-pressure events.... Well, maybe it was just my bad luck but halfway through my first munch some idiot wanders his decrepit and stinky way over to me, says "Hello little one" (vomit, blech!) puts himself in my personal bubble of space, and proceeds to tell me that he is a MASTER and I should message him on Fetlife as soon as I get home and he will tell me what to do and blahblahblah...

So here I am, trying to impress these new folks with my awesomeness and general likability, and this tool is making the assumption that because I'm there on my own I am fair game. Fuck that noise. I am not game, he is not some Great White Hunter, and I am not at all happy with the situation. But, because of the wanting to be liked, and the new potential friends, and the awkwardness of the entire deal I'm stuck. I can't punch him in the face (bad ju-ju), I don't think it's socially acceptable to give him the cut-direct, I can't give him the verbal set-down he so richly deserves... So I give him my very best "You are pond scum" look (level 3) and dredge up all of my dismissive contempt and inform him that "I might be A submissive, but I am not in any way YOUR submissive and I find your presumption offensive."

And I kinda wonder what drives this douchebaggery? I mean, A guy wouldn't just walk up in a bar and tell a girl that she's his girlfriend now and he cannot stand starch in his boxers so she should keep that in mind when she does his laundry... So what makes it OK to treat a submissive woman like that? Are some folks just so deep into the wank fodder fantasy of D/s that they lose touch with reality and become (in their own minds) these god-like creatures who deserve free BJs, groveling, and submission because they gave themselves a title that doesn't mean jack shit to anybody but themselves? Is it reinforced by the submissives who buy into the ideal that they're somehow less-than, or inferior to the Domly folks? I don't know, but it needs to stop.

I might be A submissive, but until I have CONSENTED to letting you have some authority over me, I AM NOT your submissive. Get over yourself, grow up, get your ass back in reality, and leave me the hell alone (unless you want me to punch you right in your stupid face).

RAWR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment