Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Death To The 128 Slave Rules

Seriously. Few things need to die a more painful and absolute death than The 128 (and I say absolute because I have no doubt that if not completely annihilated The 128 would resurrect themselves like a zombie or vampire and continue to pester decent folk in a most annoying fashion).

They are a scourge upon the face of the kink world. The bane of many an s-type's existence. A plague of rampant stupidity foisted off as "The Right Way To Do M/s."

If I scoffed any harder at that I think I might cause a rift in the space-time continuum and we'd all die.

Listen, The 128 was written to govern ONE SPECIFIC RELATIONSHIP.
It applies only to that relationship because that's what the people who are in that relationship find fulfilling and rewarding. Those are the rules they created and agreed upon, and to get to 128 they probably spent a great deal of time talking about them along with other important things.
I don't get it and it really kinda squicks me a lot, but in that context it makes sense and it's OK because it's not my relationship and it's not telling me how my relationship should run.

The 128 is not meant to be the end-all, be-all, One True Absolute Way To Do WIITWD and I wish folks would quit treating it like it is because everything in it? It's not going to work for every D/s or M/s dynamic out there.

Sure some folks might like some of the stuff in it, they might say, "Well, I think 1,4,36,77,84,85,90, ect would work well for us, so let's incorporate those and discard what doesn't work." That's swell, it's cool they're finding things that work for them- But saying "1 through 128 MUST work for EVERYBODY..." Come on, that's a steaming pile of tripe because it WON'T work for everybody. Most importantly, it doesn't have to work for everybody.

Thank dog.

I'd rather be vanilla than adhere to someone else's relationship rules, especially some of the rules in the 128... Ugh.

Though it might be fun to punch someone in their "cunt" if they ever referred to my mouth in that fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment