Tuesday, August 27, 2013

He Might be a Dom but he's not YOUR Dom.

Reading through the blogs today I came across these lines in another lady's writings:
I watch lots of submissives and slaves on here call a lot of Doms/Masters they don't know Sir or Master. And I see nothing wrong with that it is very respectful.

And though I agreed with a lot of what she said in her post, that last sentence there just rubbed me the wrong way- Not because there's anything wrong with being polite or courteous or what-have-you, but because of the response I have when some random chick uses a D-typey label on Cookie or how he feels when it happens... Suffice to say, it feels less respectful and more presumptuous.

I mean, I have right to call Cookie by whatever label he wants (which is usually Dear or Darling, he's not big on titles) because, yanno, I'm actually in a relationship with him. He's MY Domly One, MY husband, and to anybody but me... He's NOT a Master, Sir, Lord High Dolmy Pants because he's NOT in a relationship with you. I AM submissive to him, YOU are not. So don't go acting all uber subly at my spouse. It's offensive.

And for him? He HATES it when random chicks pull that shit on him because, again, he's not in a relationship with you. He has not consented to any sort of authority exchange that a title like that infers, and he finds it really rather creepy and DISRESPECTFUL. Disrespectful to his desires, disrespectful to his relationship, and disrespectful to him as a person.

So, yeah... No. Calling some random D-type by a title isn't always "very respectful" especially if being called by that title by someone they're not in a relationship with isn't something they want to have happen.

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment