Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Have the POWER!

Anyways, so my Bestie and I are sitting around last night shooting the shit (really, we were firing weapons at poo, we don't like poo at all and it deserves to be shot) after having a few tasty beverages at Kuhnhenn Brewery (which explains to poo shooting), and then having a few more tasty beverages on her couch. And we got to talking about 50 Shades of Grey (that steaming pile of tripe) and that newer Crossfire series (also tripe, but not so inane), and Bestie- Who is vanilla as far as I know goes: "Ya know, I'm curious about the whole submission thing cause submissives have all the power."

And I, all sotto vocce go "Oh great 50 SoG strikes again." Aloud, I say to my misguided Bestie, "Erm, well... If you think about it nobody has more power than anybody else. You might be able to stop play with a safe-word, but the Dom can stop at any time too." And then I guzzled some more meade because it was tasty and stuff and my vanilla Bestie just brought up kink which was a little disconcerting and required alcohol to process.

Back on track- The topic was dropped and conversation moved on and eventually I battled an epic windstorm in my itty-bitty go-kart of a car to arrive home where I promptly passed out and forgot about it until now.

The power thing? More of an in depth conversation than I wanted to get into with vanilla Bestie after copious amounts of mircobewery beer. And really, how do you explain that nobody gives up their power and nobody has more power than anybody else? A submissive always has power- She can say no, she can have limits, she can walk; but on the flip side a d-type has all of that too... It's not really power we're giving up or exchanging, but authority.

I have power, Cookie has power, but he has more authority than I do in our relationship. He calls the shots, not because I'm lacking power but because I agreed to let him have the authority to call the shots and he was willing to assume that authority. Our power is equal, our authority is not.

Meh. I'm just babbling about happenings from the Squakyverse because I don't want to do dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment